Still running behind schedule and trying to catch up. Have spent a lot of time perusing the different wikis. The site I found most useful was Meredith Farkas " Using wikis to create online communities" It very simply, which is what I need, explained the history and development of wikis and suggested various ways they can be utilised. The wiki established for the Northern suburbs was a great example of what can be done but it would be interesting to know how often it is added to a by who. Not sure when it was created but there seemed to be a lot of empty space but the potential is there if not the contributors.
Not sure if I missed something but I am still not sure, if I wanted to, how I would actually go about setting up a wiki.
Unfortunately the use of wikis is our our workplace is at the moment a no go zone but things may change in the future. At least now I have an idea of what a wiki is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment